Question here....

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Matty-B
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Question here....

Post by Matty-B »

I was looking at stats from the Indy game tonight (especially keen on seeing exactly what Collie contributed).

Here is the page I was looking at:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=291115011

Under the receiving category, on the far right there is a column labeled "tgts" I assume that means something like "targets" or something. So, in Collie's case would it mean he was thrown to 8 times for 6 catches. Can someone confirm that for me?

If so, this would mean that Garcon had 3 catches with 11 balls thrown his way.
Collie was, essentially, 6 for 8 (One drop came when he was WIDE open in the middle, hit him right on the hands.... it was hard to watch)NOT dissimilar to Jacobson's drop yesterday. Just wanna interpret the stats right.

COLLIE > Garcon

Schmoe
Retired

Re: Question here....

Post by Schmoe »

Collie played a pivotal role in the Colts penultimate drive. He had a nice catch for a first down and then got PI'd with on the very next play for a huge gain to get near or inside the redzone. Again, the announcers were gushing about how he ran great routes and played like a veteran.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
GolfDiveNCougs
Sophomore

Re: Question here...(regarding the Colts Pats game)

Post by GolfDiveNCougs »

Yes, you are correct about the tgts column. He caught 6 of 8 that were thrown to him. It made me curious if they add a line for intentional throwaways by the QB. Anyway though, yeah, most of the game Austin wasn't heavily utilized. In fact, on Indy's last drive before halftime, he dropped a pretty routine pass that would've given them a 1st down. Payton didn't look pleased. If you go by the game play-by-play, the very next play was also an incomplete "to" Austin, but it was basically a throwaway, at his feet on the sideline, as it wouldn't have resulted in a first down (or even positive yardage as I recall). Still, Manning went to him 3 times in a row on their last full drive. Shows he trusts Austin. The third pass, while not caught, was whistled for a PI, so that's 3 great plays by Austin that set up the score.