Gary Patterson

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
EM_Puma
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Gary Patterson

Post by EM_Puma »

Lawboy wrote:Coach P makes over $2M a yar at TCU, and not all BCS coaches make that coin. He has a plum job at a school he can now recruit to and build up, make tons of money, and have a student body, trustee board and alumni that love him. At $2M a year, why leave, unless a top 10 job opened that doubled his pay. Otherwise, he stays.

As far as Utah 2008 goes, I think they could play with any team on any given day last year because their D was good enough. 3 NFL players drafted from it last year, 3-4 more after this year. 7 defensive players with NFL ability is elite level. The offense was just ok, but that D, much like TCU's this year, was for real. I would salivate at our chances of a national title with a D like that is all I know.
Wow, I had never heard or seen anything that said he made that kind of money. I'm not from Missouri (the show me state), but I'd have to see that in writing before I believed Patterson was being paid that kind of money. Last article I had seen depicting the salaries of MWC coaches, he wasn't at that level, so that's what spauns my doubt. So apparently you have and I'd like to see it.

CAFB_04-12
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Is TCU a private University? Probably pays better than a state Uni.

BYUROCKS
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BYUROCKS »

declocoug wrote:Think Patterson would go for a position at BYU coaching under Mendenhall??? :evil:

ohhhh Him as our D cord =D

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by Mars »

Patterson supposedly makes $1.2MM a year base salary, $2.3MM after bonuses if he goes undefeated and finishes ranked #1 with a national championship.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
88Coug
Recruit

Post by 88Coug »

Mars wrote:
Patterson supposedly makes $1.2MM a year base salary, $2.3MM after bonuses if he goes undefeated and finishes ranked #1 with a national championship.
His base salary, before any other additions, is 1.8m according to USAToday. He gets more money from non-schools sources, plus extensive bonuses. TCU is a very rich school (with a lot of very rich alums) and will match any salary offer.

Patterson's top concern is whether he can build a national contender at TCU, not the paycheck (as huge as it is already).

snoscythe
Retired

Post by snoscythe »

I remember Bronco being asked at media days about Patterson's raise to around $2M per year. Bronco, of course, just offered comment on how good the conference is.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

88Coug wrote: His base salary, before any other additions, is 1.8m according to USAToday.
Since TCU is a private school, I think a lot of sources are just guessing.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars