This week's potential upsets...

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Mingjai
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: This week's potential upsets...

Post by Mingjai »

Go Vandals! Is this the year Idaho finally beats Boise State?

It's definitely the biggest game between Idaho and Boise State since the rivalry's turning point #1 versus #2 matchup in 1994.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

gmj81 wrote: If the pukes play TCU and BYU close (but assuming losses of course), then pound on some bowl opponent, they could still finish top 15 IMO with their only losses to highly ranked TCU, Oregon, and BYU.
A- If Utah ended the season with losses to TCU and BYU, I don't think they would be ranked in the Top 25 at all pre-bowls, due to all of their close, unimpressive games against lesser opponents.

B- The BCS doesn't count post-bowl rankings. According to them, Oklahoma was better than Florida last year.

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

Mingjai wrote: Go Vandals! Is this the year Idaho finally beats Boise State?
No. I don't think they stay within 2 TDs. Do you?

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Mars wrote:
I don't see them staying within 2 TD per half...

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

imuakahuku wrote:I think Cal beating AZ is in the "it could happen" category.
I considered that as an "it could happen" game at first and then I remembered Jahvid Best won't be playing. Without him, I think it's all but a certainty that Cal goes down. But we'll see.

Mingjai
All-American

Post by Mingjai »

ABYUFAN wrote:
Mars wrote:
I don't see them staying within 2 TD per half...
I would have said the same thing about La Tech last week, but they made it interesting.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

Let's be honest, a lot of BSU's games this year have been closer than they should have been for a top ten team. Idaho is probably fielding the best team they've ever had (which still isn't saying THAT much). If the Vandals ever had a shot at beating a top ten team, this will be it. I think BSU wins by a couple scores, but those boys from Moscow could surprise ya.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
ABYUFAN
Pro
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer

Post by ABYUFAN »

Schmoe wrote:Let's be honest, a lot of BSU's games this year have been closer than they should have been for a top ten team. Idaho is probably fielding the best team they've ever had (which still isn't saying THAT much). If the Vandals ever had a shot at beating a top ten team, this will be it. I think BSU wins by a couple scores, but those boys from Moscow could surprise ya.
You know.... I'm thinking that some of Idaho's Big Sky teams could have beaten this team (at least the team that played Fresno State)

BoiseBYU
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by BoiseBYU »

Schmoe wrote:Let's be honest, a lot of BSU's games this year have been closer than they should have been for a top ten team. Idaho is probably fielding the best team they've ever had (which still isn't saying THAT much). If the Vandals ever had a shot at beating a top ten team, this will be it. I think BSU wins by a couple scores, but those boys from Moscow could surprise ya.
Let's be really honest: If BSU does not beat the Vandals by at least 30, it will be a moral victory for Idaho...this is a team that gave up something like 500 yards rushing to Nevada, that gave up 300 yards in ONE HALF against La Tech at home...BSU should destroy them

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

BoiseBYU wrote:
Let's be really honest: If BSU does not beat the Vandals by at least 30, it will be a moral victory for Idaho...this is a team that gave up something like 500 yards rushing to Nevada, that gave up 300 yards in ONE HALF against La Tech at home...BSU should destroy them
That word "should" is a funny one, though. BSU shouldn't have given up a bazillion rush yards to Fresno, they should have beat Tulsa by a landslide, they should have had a much better showing vs UC Davis, and they should have played much better vs La Tech. BSU has been impressive at times during the year, but at many other times they have been very underwhelming. We'll see what happens come Saturday.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,