Worth Tracking

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Cougarbib
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Worth Tracking

Post by Cougarbib »

Given all the back and forth about weak WAC schedules present and past:

I got thinking of my Pet Peeve:

Giving one and done or 2 for 1 or UN-neutral field games in an attemp to strengthen that old schedule. This practice is stupid. Completely Stupid. Or as Blue is Better might say - Terrible, simply Terrible.

Off the top of my head:

Okie - OK - we squeaked a 1 point win vs a great program in a down moment. Maybe not a terrible idea.

Ole Miss - OK - we squeaked another 1 point win vs a really bad SEC team in a down year - so down the coach got fired. But batting 1,000 - maybe not so Stupid.

Texas - I was just about to concede this point - until another great program in a down period snatched victory from the jaws of defeat and neutralized the Okie outcome.

TCU - a program on the rise during a strong year - Special Teams hole and Riley could not dig out of it and dug it deeper at times.

So there we are. 50/50. Was that what we were shooting for. If Texas and Okie were not down and Ole Miss was not terrible, simply terrible - might this have been even worse.

And then we tripped to USU instead of making them come to Provo every year. Failure to reverse the tables and continue to stack that one in our favor.

I might have missed one. Add it here. I will be tracking ND and any others like this.

And if we lose in South Bend - well odds are against us.

And I will whine about it. We win. Well - I guess I will get at least as giddy as I got when we beat Okie.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Anae just might be the guy. Wisconsin DC says Anae is totally unpredictable because he just runs a bunch of plays with no rhyme or reason. Whooped Butt on Houston DC for 3 of 4 quarters. Destroyed Texas DC and HC careers.