Jamoura again

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
imuakahuku
All-American
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Jamoura again

Post by imuakahuku »

Dude definitely has been under the radar. But is on pace to possibly be the d player of the year in hawaii. Last night had a blocked punt recovery for td, 5 sacks and a few tfl's. I can't wait to see what he can do at the Y. The great part is that he is a HUGE BYU fan.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Re: Jamoura again

Post by hawkwing »

Is he committed already?

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Post by scott715 »

He is on the list of committments. Looking forward to having him next year.

imuakahuku
All-American

Post by imuakahuku »

A little article on Kona and Jamoura.

http://hawaiipreps.honoluluadvertiser.c ... PrepSports

scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

Scout has Sauni, the NT, as 1 star and only Wyoming as interested. He is the guy that is getting the double team. It would be interesting if he came to BYU to have the same High School line at BYU.

gmj81
Junior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by gmj81 »

Imuakahuku, do you know the season stat line on each of those kids? I remember you talking before the season about how Jamora might be even better than Schwenke, who we were all hoping would commit to the Cougs. It certainly appears that may be the case. Every time I read about Jamora in an article, he registered multiple sacks, many times upwards of two. I don't recall reading a lot about Schwenke though. As their coach said, he is the most gifted athlete of the bunch but I always like and root for the kid like Jamora who just gets it done regardless of any other factors.

And I agree, I wonder if Sauni would be at all interested in walking on at BYU. Clearly we have run out of scholies at his position but he could very well pick one up in year two or three at BYU. Is he LDS by chance?

WACoug
Recruit

re: Jamoura again

Post by WACoug »

The word that I have heard is that Jamoura is openly looking at other schools and considering other options. I hope we get to see him but I wonder how solid he is.

Mars
Retired

Post by Mars »

"Ends Hauoli Jamora and Kona Schwenke and nose tackle Veteson Sauni — all seniors — wreaked havoc against Leilehua quarterback Andrew Manley on Friday night to lead Kahuku to its second consecutive O'ahu Interscholastic Association title and 21st overall...

Jamora — who had five sacks of Manley — and Sauni, combined for seven sacks. Jamora, who is 6 foot 2, 235 pounds, also had five sacks in a semifinal win over Castle two weeks ago. "He's been the same way all year," Torres said of Jamora, a two-sport standout. "He works his tail off in the weight room and on the field, he's just relentless at practice."

Jamora is the reigning OIA judo champion at 220 pounds, but Torres said that Schwenke, who stands 6 foot 3 and weighs 215 pounds, may be the most gifted of the group. "Oh yeah, of all the three linemen, he's the athlete," Torres said of Schwenke, who is a post player on the Red Raiders' basketball team. "He's got that grace and mobility to him."

Sauni, at 6 foot and 250 pounds, has been a steady run-stuffer in the middle, forcing offenses to run the ball outside, where Jamora and Schwenke have prospered. "He mandates double teams, which gives one-on-ones for Hauoli and Kona," Torres said of Sauni, who is on the wrestling team.

...Torres said that each has provided integral leadership toward the team's success. "We have our players select captains for each position group and after the 11 or 12 defensive linemen voted, Hauoli, Kona and Vet all had the same amount of votes," Torres said. "We couldn't break the tie, each had equal votes, so all three are captains for us."

Kahuku has a bye in the first round and will meet the winner between Farrington and Honoka'a on Nov. 27 in the semifinals of the First Hawaiian Bank/HHSAA Football State Championships at Aloha Stadium."

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
Ddawg
All Star
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Ddawg »

I hope he comes through w/ his commitment!!!!! We need solid Big "D" talent like that.

imuakahuku
All-American

Re: re: Jamoura again

Post by imuakahuku »

WACoug wrote:The word that I have heard is that Jamoura is openly looking at other schools and considering other options. I hope we get to see him but I wonder how solid he is.
The word I get is that he is BYU true blue. Of course you never know what could happen but according to other players and friends he is pretty set on BYU. And Kona it set on BYU also. Personally I think those two are about 95% going to sign come LOI Day. I'm hoping for Tigi Hill and Ben Maumea too. Ben has been a monster at LB and I see Tigi moving to LB in college.