Lavell talks Speed:

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
snoscythe
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Lavell talks Speed:

Post by snoscythe »

In Doug Robinson's column today, he has this quote from Lavell about BYU's difficulty in recruiting speed:

Lavell said
It's no different than it's ever been around here. Speed has always been an issue. It's not the first time we've had trouble with those (fast) teams, nor will it be the last. I remember those high-scoring games we had with San Diego State — we just had to keep scoring.

CougarClaw
Pro

Re: Lavell talks Speed:

Post by CougarClaw »

But what does Lavell know?

Shouldn't this put to rest the speed question? Now how do we go about recruiting heart?

wazzucoug97
Recruit

Post by wazzucoug97 »

CougarClaw wrote:But what does Lavell know?

Shouldn't this put to rest the speed question? Now how do we go about recruiting heart?
....and "execution"? :P

GO COUGARS!!!
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Lawboy »

Speed matters. Go recruit it. Start with the LDS kids, then expand from there. I love the fact that we have several non-LDS kids coming offering verbals to BYU this year. I think we need to recruit the deep south harder, because there are many great athletes there, and many kids who would be happy with the structure that BYU provides, even if they are not LDS. The BYU history books are littered with records from non-LDS kids. And I like the diversity it provides on the BYU campus. It is good for kids that age to be exposed to many diverse views and backgrounds.

Florwood
Senior
Fan Level: BYU Fan

Post by Florwood »

With all the trouble steroids have caused in sports, I'd think you would want to avoid speed at all costs, it would just mess your players up.