Coaching Pride

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
Lawboy
Over-Achiever
Fan Level: BYU Fan
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Coaching Pride

Post by Lawboy »

If you were a Football Coach at BYU this week, what would you be feeling? Especially after hearing how outclassed you were as a staff by TCU, by FSU, and how perhaps, you are not getting the best from your team? Read the local papers and all you hear is how BYU was out coached, out schemed, less prepared than TCU. The TV announcers said as much as well. That has to sting. If you were Bronco, would you take the comments personally and defy them and stick to your script, or would you take them and use them to get better? Mind you, the same comments were made last year as well after the TCU game and after the LV Bowl game. But it does feel different this time, doesn't it? It hurts more today for some reason.

I, for one, hope that the pride on that coaching staff got stung hard, and they come out firing to prove their detractors wrong. I think professional pride has to kick in at some point, and these guys will want to take a "stick it" approach to their detractors, even if it is done quietly. And I hope that means that these guys get moved from their comfort zone and truly decide to make a splash in the last 4 games. Win them, win the bowl, and look good doing so will restore something. 11-2 with a strong finish would be great. Can not get the FSU and TCU games back, but can make the most of the last 4. I hope the coaches take it out on the players, and it makes them perform better on game day.

wazzucoug97
Recruit
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Coaching Pride

Post by wazzucoug97 »

AMEN!

GO COUGARS!!!
cachevalleycougar
BLUEshirt

Post by cachevalleycougar »

Lawboy wrote: Mind you, the same comments were made last year as well after the TCU game and after the LV Bowl game. But it does feel different this time, doesn't it? It hurts more today for some reason.
Because it's a repeat offense this time around and it's obvious that all the coach speak hasn't amounted to much on the field. My worry is that Bronco has no idea what's even being said now because he so often cuts himself off completely form the media and other distractions. Somebody needs to make it known that if they keep doing what they've been doing, they'll get what they've gotten, which isn't good enough at the moment.

wazzucoug97
Recruit

Post by wazzucoug97 »

cachevalleycougar wrote:
Lawboy wrote: Mind you, the same comments were made last year as well after the TCU game and after the LV Bowl game. But it does feel different this time, doesn't it? It hurts more today for some reason.
Because it's a repeat offense this time around and it's obvious that all the coach speak hasn't amounted to much on the field. My worry is that Bronco has no idea what's even being said now because he so often cuts himself off completely form the media and other distractions. Somebody needs to make it known that if they keep doing what they've been doing, they'll get what they've gotten, which isn't good enough at the moment.
1. It occurred to me the other day that it seems like after every "big loss" the last 3-4 years there has been a lot of usage of the word "learning". We learned from this or that. I saw 27 key assignment errors. We can learn from this and apply it..... um when does the "learning" part become reflected in the results?

2. As to your "somebody needs to make it known" comment.... anyone know who Home Teaches Bronco :D

GO COUGARS!!!