Non-AQ Conference Proposal

BYU Cougars Football. Still Open, now Independent.
scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Non-AQ Conference Proposal

Post by scott715 »

What would happen if the have nots took the 9 best teams to form a conference for next season? Here is how it would look like using the current BCS standings:

6 TCU
7 BSU
16 Utah
18 Houston
28 Central Michigan
29 BYU
33 Navy
38 Temple
39 Idaho
With Troy St just missing out.

That would be a really strong conference that would challenge the SEC and Big12. I would probably put it as 3rd best but they really wouldn't be a creampuff like a Washington St or Syracuse on the schedule. The biggest problem I see is a team could really drop off the next year. Or maybe get exposed due to a rough schedule (ie BSU maybe). I am disappointed that Temple and Idaho would get in at this point but maybe they would drop off by the end of the year. Some teams that could move up and make it are Fresno St., Air Force, Tulsa, Nevada and East Carolina.

Then the year after it would change with the new rankings. Another variation would be to average the previous 2 years to keep the one year wonders out of the league and keep the truely good teams in.

PS I can't find the webpage where I got these numbers from. The offical BCS only goes to 25.

scott715
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Re: Non-AQ Conference Proposal

Post by scott715 »