Austin Collie - Indianapolis Colts

A way to keep track of those Cougars who have moved onto play in the pros.
Forum rules
Each topic will cover one individual BYU Great in the Pros. Users may reply to any existing topic, but may not create new topics. Feel free to comment on any player, including recaps of performances or upcoming games.
hawkwing
TV Analyst
Fan Level: BYU Blue Goggled Homer
Prediction Group: CougarCorner

Post by hawkwing »

Wide Receiver
6-0 200
Brigham Young
Draft-4a, 2009 (127th overall)
Born: November 11, 1985

COLLEGE: Three-year letterman who started 27 of 37 career games…served on church mission in Buenos Aires,
Argentina in 2005 and 2006…was 215-3,255, 30 TDs receiving, 49-26.1 KOR avg. and had 106 rushing yards and
11 PR yards for 4,649 all-purpose yards…had 17 100+-yard receiving games…set school career marks in receptions,
yardage, TD receptions and 100+-yard games…30 TD receptions set Mountain West Conference record, while he
ranks 6th in career receptions, 4th in reception yards and 4th in all-purpose yards…started 10 of 13 games as
junior…was 106-1,538, 15 TDs receiving, 10-77 rushing and 18-27.5 KOR…was First-Team All-America choice by
Associated Press and CBS Sports, while earning Second-Team honors from The Sporting News and Sports
Illustrated…was First-Team All-MWC selection and Academic All-MWC…led nation in receiving yards and ranked 3rd
in receptions and 4th in TD receptions…15 TD receptions tied school record and set conference record…seasonal
reception total set school mark and ranks 3rd in conference history, while reception yardage total set school record and
ranks 2nd in conference history…tied NCAA record with 11 consecutive 100+-yard games, while streak set conference
and school record… had 7+ receptions in 11 of 13 games and twice had streaks of three consecutive games with
multiple-TD catches…was 10-110, 2 TDs vs. UCLA, 8-122, 2 TDs vs. Wyoming and 8-132, 2 TDs at Utah State…was
9-156, 3 TDs at Colorado State, 9-127, 2 TDs vs. San Diego State and 7-130, 2 TDs at Air Force…started seven of
13 games as sophomore…was 56-946, 7 TDs receiving and 28-25.8 KOR…was Second-Team All-MWC selection
and was Academic All-MWC…also was honorable mention all-conference as KOR…had six 100+-yard games…had
366 all-purpose yards vs. Tulsa, setting single-game school record…started 10 of 11 games as freshman in
2004…was 53-771, 8 TDs receiving, 6-19 rushing and 3-19.7 KOR…receiving yards and touchdown receptions set
freshman school records…was Second-Team All-America pick by The Sporting News…was named Mountain West
Conference Freshman-of-the-Year…majored in communications.
AUSTIN COLLIE

Mars
Retired
Fan Level: BYU Fanatic

Re: Austin Collie - Indianapolis Colts

Post by Mars »

Doosh!

:lol:

Mars Cauthon, Prince of the Cougars!
Resident board douchebag.
https://twitter.com/#!/eldermars
CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

well, i asked for the thread so I'd better post! I have to say that this is the first time in a decade that I've watched the NFL. I'm excited to see Collie getting this many great opportunities to score and be seen. He definitely looks like he belongs.

CAFB_04-12
All-American

Post by CAFB_04-12 »

Mars wrote:
Doosh!

:lol:
You must mean Nike Swoosh! :)

Seriously, Austin Collie has me watching the NFL for the first time in 15 years. It's good to see him play like he belongs.

HoosierCougar
Junior

Post by HoosierCougar »

I was in beautiful nad scenic Elko, NV yesterday. I grabbed my complimentary USA Today and read while I ate breakfast... in the sports section there was a section called "Studs, Duds and Sleepers" offering help with Fantasy picks, pick-ups and dumps. At the top of the section is a picture of Collie and then a paragraph on why you should pick up this rookie.
With four touchdowns in his past three games, Collie has turned into a virtual must-start. And even if Anthony Gonzalez returns, Collie still be a key player since No. 1 receiver Reggie Wayne is fighting a sore groin.

hawkwing
TV Analyst

Post by hawkwing »

SI has a great article on Collie... http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/ ... /index.htm
Austin Collie has seen Peyton Manning again, all right. After several clandestine Colts' scouting missions to Utah last fall to watch Collie (who led the nation in receiving yards) and a lengthy debriefing by a team psychologist, Indianapolis general manager Bill Polian chose Collie in the fourth round of the 2009 draft. In the past three months Collie and Manning, strangers at the Manning Passing Academy, have seen more of each other than they have of their wives. The football marriage is a big reason why the Colts head into their annual November showdown with the Patriots on Sunday a very surprising 8--0.

Schmoe
Retired

Post by Schmoe »

I can't believe that one has mentioned Collie's performance today. He scored another touchdown and was, again, integral in the Colts success, including, again, a big first down on a scoring drive to put the game away. I know it will go to Moreno, Sanchez, or some other joker, but Collie deserves at least a look for ROTY.

I'm just a regular, everyday normal guy,
I can't afford a car, I use public transportation,
I don't mind, I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book,
the money I save, this stuff is off the hook,
scott715
TV Analyst

Post by scott715 »

The Colts lost and sat some of their starters. Austin led the team in receptions and yards at 6-94.

Italics
Heisman Winner

Post by Italics »

Colts ought to be ashamed of themselves for pulling Peyton out when they only had a 15-10 lead. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

But yeah, Collie was tight all game.

The more I see... the less I believe
The more I hear... the less I care
Dustinsok
Gray Shirt

Austin Collie Indianapolis Colts

Post by Dustinsok »

Locked on Garcon??
He had 2 catches last week, one a franchise-record 87-yard TD, and the other a 59-yard TD that should have been called back for several penalties.
Collie also only had 2 catches, so I would say more data is needed to determine what happens going forward. Right now, neither look like viable starting options until the Colts get their act together.